Understanding your rights when it comes to the information you have shared with us.
What we have
- We are holding your personal information (Data).
- You have what we call a “client counselling file” stored by the charity.
- We can identify you from this file.
- We will keep it for 10 years
- It will be looked after confidentially by the person who is in charge of the data here at Eye to Eye.
- That person is called the Data Controller and you can contact them , because you have rights
What rights you have
- You can look at your file and have a copy (access)
- You can ask for information to be put right if it is wrong (rectification)
- You can ask for your file to be taken off our filing system if it is no longer needed (erased)
- You can say no to us managing your file (processing)
- You can take a copy to another place with you (portability)
- You can tell us you if you are not happy with your file.
What to do now
- You can do nothing if your happy with us holding your file
- You can ask to see your file by contacting the Data Controller.
Data Controller Alison Theaker
Telephone: 01443 202940
E mail : firstname.lastname@example.org